|The only opportunity to purchase Galileo foals…
The only foals on offer in Europe this year by the late great Champion Galileo are at Goffs November Sale, with three catalogued alongside the progeny of his heir apparent Frankel as well as foals by Acclamation, Australia, Bated Breath, Belardo, Camelot, Dandy Man, Dark Angel, Exceed And Excel, Fastnet Rock, Footstepsinthesand, Gleneagles, Golden Horn, Holy Roman Emperor, Invincible Spirit, Kingman, Kodi Bear, Kodiac, Lope de Vega, Make Believe, Mehmas, Nathaniel, New Bay, Night Of Thunder, No Nay Never, Oasis Dream, Sea The Moon, Sea The Stars, Showcasing, Siyouni, Starspangledbanner, Tamayuz, Territories, Wooton Bassett, Zoffany, Zoustar and more.
Sires with their first foals this year include Advertise, Blue Point, Calyx, Inns Of Court, Invincible Army, Magna Grecia, Masar, Phoenix Of Spain, Soldiers Call, Study Of Man, Too Darn Hot, and Waldgeist while the leading first season sires are also well represented by the likes of Aclaim, Ardad, Caravaggio, Churchill, Cotai Glory, El Kabeir, Galileo Gold, Profitable, Time Test etc.
Among the many November highlights are:
- Lot 541 Siyouni first foal out of a sister to Group 1 winner Intense Focus and the dam of Champion 2yo Skitter Scatter
- Lot 553 Exceed And Excel half-brother to a Group 1 placed and Group 2 winner out of a Group 1 placed and Group 3 winning dam
- Lot 558 Invincible Spirit colt out of a Listed placed sister to Champion 3yo and Champion older horse Youmzain and Group 1 Lockinge winner Creachadoir
- Lot 559 Kodiac half-sister to multiple Group 1 winner Helene Paragon
- Lot 562 Sea The Stars half-brother to Group 1 winner Blond Me
- Lot 564 Frankel colt out of a sister to Group 1 performer Lady Penko
- Lot 567 No Nay Never own-sister to Group 2 placed and Listed winner Horoscope
- Lot 572 New Bay half-sister to Group 1 placed Dream Eater
- Lot 575 Invincible Spirit half-sister to the dam of Group 1 placed Sacred Life out of a full sister to Champion stayer Rule Of Law
- Lot 578 Inns of Court half-sister to Group 1 placed juvenile Summer Sands
- Lot 579 Cotai Glory half-brother to Group 1 winner Champers Elysees
- Lot 580 Waldgeist half-brother to two Group winners
- Lot 581 Invincible Army half sister to Group winner Hamza
- Lot 583 Churchill half-brother to 2021 Group 2 placed and Listed winning 2YO and out of a Group winning dam
- Lot 586 Blue Point filly out of a winning daughter of an Irish Champion 2YO
- Lot 587 Dark Angel half-sister to Group 1 Prix de l’Abbaye winner Wizz Kid
- Lot 598 Kingman half-brother to Group 1 placed and Group 3 winner Carla Bianca
- Lot 604 Sea The Stars own-sister to multiple Group winner Terebellum
- Lot 607 Kodiac own-brother to Group 3 winner Grizzel and the Group placed 2021 2YO Pennine Hills
- Lot 609 Churchill filly out of Group 1 winner Miss Beatrix and sister to three black type horses
- Lot 613 Best Solution half-brother to multiple Group 1 placed Speak Of The Devil and Group 3 winner Mornado
- Lot 624 Galileo filly out of the Group 1 winning Scat Daddy mare Nickname
- Lot 626 Frankel half-brother to Group 1 placed Group 3 winner Lilly’s Angel and the Group 2 placed Listed winner Zurigha
- Lot 632 Wootton Bassett filly out of a Kingman mare, sister to a Group 1 performer
- Lot 642 Phoenix Of Spain half-sister to the Group 1 winner and multiple Group 1 placed Lucky Vega
- Lot 644 No Nay Never colt out of an own-sister to Group 1 Prix de l’Abbaye winner Move In Time
- Lot 648 Dark Angel half-brother to three black type horses including the Group 1 placed Big Time Baby
- Lot 650 Lope de Vega half-sister to a Champion 3YO colt in Scandinavia
- Lot 652 Frankel half-sister to the Champion horse Sea The Moon
- Lot 665 Galileo filly, the first foal out of the Group 2 Queen Mary and Prix Robert Papin winner Signora Cabello
- Lot 670 Belardo half-brother to 2021 Group 2 Queen Mary winner Quick Suzy
- Lot 689 Galileo colt out of the Group placed Scat Daddy mare Take Me With You
- Lot 690 Too Darn Hot half-sister to Group 1 placed Stakes winner Olendon
- Lot 719 Ribchester filly, first foal out of sister to unbeaten Group 1 winner Baaeed
- Lot 724 Oasis Dream colt out of a half-sister to Classic placed and Group 2 winner Endless Drama
- Lot 732 Prince Of Lir half-brother to Group 1 performer and Group winning 2YO in 2021 Oscula
- Lot 756 Night of Thunder three-parts brother to a Listed winner out of Group 1 placed and Group 2 winning dam.
- Lot 761 Mehmas own-brother to an unbeaten Group 3 winning 2YO in 2021
- Lot 764 Dandy Man own-brother to Group 1 placed Group 3 winner Extortionist
- Lot 765 Oasis Dream filly out of a half-sister to Champion sprinter Slade Power
Prolific source of Group 1 success…
Results on the international stage and pinhooking profits are why Goffs November Foals are simply unmissable for anyone interested in buying a foal, whether they aim to resell or race.
For end users, the past year has seen a number of star performers illustrate this point. Three-time Group 1 winner Alcohol Free was bought to race by her owner Jeff Smith as a foal at Goffs November, as was the recent Keeneland Grade 1 winner Blowout for Chad Brown and owner Peter Brant who purchased her as a November Foal. Last season’s World’s Best Racehorse Ghaiyyath is another excellent example having been purchased by Godolphin at the November Foal Sale.
Other Group 1 graduates include our cover horse Romantic Proposal who was pinhooked from the November Sale by Amy Lynam and won the Group 1 Flying Five Stakes on Irish Champions Weekend, River Boyne who was a Grade 1 winner in the US last year having been pinhooked from the November Sale while Thundering Nights, winner of the 2021 Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes, was also offered for sale as a foal in November.
Spectacular pinhook triumphs…
The pinhook results from Goffs November Sale saw numerous touches landed at the 2021 yearling sales headed by the half-brother to Lucky Vega that was pinhooked from €300,000 as a November Foal to become one of the highlights of Orby 21 when sold by Coulonces Sales to BBA Ireland/Yulong Investments for €630,000. The Orby also saw a €70,000 November Foal resell for €270,000, a €30,000 foal become a €150,000 yearling and €75,000 grow to €225,000, whilst elsewhere a €260,000 November purchase returned a mighty profit of over €730,000.
Commenting on publication of the catalogue, Goffs Group Chief Executive Henry Beeby said:
“As the premier European foal sale, Goffs is proud to present the very cream of the Irish crop at this year’s November Sale. The 1015-strong November Foal catalogue is sure to draw every major buyer to Kildare Paddocks next month in search of their next Group 1 winner or pinhooking triumph.
Our message to vendors this year was to stay close and go far by selling in Ireland at Goffs, and we are thrilled and supremely grateful that so many are sending their best foals to the November Sale once again”.