|Year after year, the October Yearling Sale continues to underline itself as a reliable source of Group winners across the globe.
Following her win in the Grand Prix de Vichy (G.3), GRAND GLORY went on to take the Prix Jean Romanet (Gr.1) last month. Offered from Haras de Bourgeauville in 2017, she was bought by Marco Bozzi for 18,000. In addition, AUDARYA, runner-up to GRAND GLORY, took the Breeders Cup Filly & Mare Turf (Gr.1) last year. She was bought in 2017 by Stroud Coleman Bloodstock for 125,000 from Haras des Capucines.
Also at the highest level, the extremely consistent LORD GLITTERS added to his already illustrious winnings when taking the Jebel Hatta (Gr.1) and the Singspiel Stakes (Gr.2) in Dubaï. He was bought for 25,000 by Ecurie au Trieux from Elevage de Tourgeville in 2014. On the two-year-old front, 55,000 purchase ARMOR, sold by La Motteraye Consignment to Al Shaqab Racing and Mandore International Agency at the 2020 sale, took the Molecomb Stakes (Gr.3) this summer.
Fellow graduates of last years sale, SKAZINO, TAMAHERE, PENJA, IRESINE, POLICY OF TRUTH, CHESHIRE ACADEMY, GLORIOUS DRAGON and most recently WOOTTON ASSET, have all shown themselves at Group level, while several promising juveniles look sure to follow in their footsetps such as LOUREIRA BLANC, REBEL PATH, GOOD TOO, BEUYS, etc.
A 2021 catalogue of great depth
This year, 752 yearlings will be offered to buyers from 18-22 October in Deauville. The sale is made up of three parts, which are as follows:
- Part 1: Monday, 18 October 232 lots 11am
- Part 2: Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 October 308 lots 2pm
- Part 3: Thursday 21 and Friday 22 October 211 lots 2pm on Thursday and 11am on Friday
More than 750 chances to find a Group winner
The 2021 catalogue brings together well-bred yearlings including:
- Lot 10, a son of Roaring Lion out of Classic winner GOLDEN LILAC, offered by Gestüt Ammerland
- Lot 30, a half-brother by Harry Angel to Prix de Psyché (Gr.3) winner PENJA, from Haras de Castillon
- Lot 77, a half-sister by Dubawi to Group 1 winner INTELLOGENT, offered by Ecurie des Monceaux
- Lot 108, a half-sister by Recorder to the excellent dual Group 1winner WONDERFUL TONIGHT, from Normandie Breeding
- Lot 112, a half-brother by Shalaa to the very good GOLD TRIP, offered by Haras de Grandcamp
- Lot 160, a daughter of Lope de Vega out of Prix de Reservoirs (Gr.3) scrorer VIA MILANO, from Haras de Saint Pair
- Lot 177, a half-sister by Kingman to juvenile NEW SCIENCE, winner of the Pat Eddery Stakes (L.) at Ascot, from Haras d’Etreham
- Lot 183, a full brother to Group 1 winner A RAVING BEAUTY, offered by Haras de Montaigu
- Lot 224, the first foal by Kingman out of black-type DANCING BREEZE, from Haras des Capucines
The best European stallions represented
Multiple stallions are represented at the sale, including the in demand ADLERFLUG, AUSTRALIA, CAMELOT, CARAVAGGIO, CHURCHILL, DUBAWI, EXCEED AND EXCEL, FRANKEL, GALILEO, GALIWAY, INVINCIBLE SPIRIT, KENDARGENT, KINGMAN, KODIAC, LE HAVRE, LOPE DE VEGA, NO NAY NEVER, SEA THE MOON, SEA THE STARS, SHOWCASING, SIYOUNI, WOOTTON BASSETT etc. Yearlings by first season sires such as CITY OF LIGHT, CLOTH OF STARS, CRACKSMAN, EXPERT EYE, HARRY ANGEL, KESSAAR, MR OWEN, RECOLECTOS, ROARING LION, SAXON WARRIOR, SEABHAC, SEAHENGE, SIOUX NATION, TAAREEF, UNFORTUNATELY, US NAVY FLAG, ZOUSTAR are also on offer.