27/08/2020. Auction: High Quality Commercial Types At Goffs Sportsman’s Sale // View Catalogue
Goffs Sportsman’s Sale, which this year takes place at Goffs’ Sales Complex in Doncaster from Thursday 24 – Friday 25 September due to Covid-19 restrictions, features two days of the same consistently high-quality commercial yearlings for which the Sportsman’s Sale has become renowned.
The reputation of the Sportsman’s was further elevated over the past twelve months with international black type success headed by River Boyne’s Grade 1 win at Santa Anita, and his half-sister is offered as Lot 560
in this year’s catalogue. Graduates also won at Group level in Ireland, the UK, Australia, Italy, France, Sweden, and Norway. A leading source of juvenile success, the sale has continued to pump out two-year-old winners throughout the season.
This year’s Sportsman’s catalogue boasts an impressive sire profile that includes Acclamation, Aclaim, Australia, Camelot, Caravaggio, Churchill, Dandy Man, Dark Angel, Exceed And Excel, Fast Company, Footstepsinthesand, Gleneagles, Holy Roman Emperor, Iffraaj, Kodiac, Lope de Vega, Mastercraftsman, Mehmas, New Approach, Night of Thunder, No Nay Never, Oasis Dream, Profitable, Ribchester, Showcasing, Starspangledbanner, Teofilo, Zoffany and more.
Among the many highlights are:
- 482 Buratino brother to Group 2 Gimcrack Stakes winner Conquest.
- 496 Kodiac colt out of Listed winner Andry Brusselles.
- 504 Lope de Vega brother to Group 3 winner Guilty Twelve and Listed winner Iltemas.
- 519 El Kabeir brother to 2020 Group 3 Marble Hill Stakes winner Minaun.
- 560 Divine Prophet sister to Group 1 winner River Boyne.
- 604 Dark Angel filly out of dual Listed placed Elshabakiya.
- 614 Mastercraftsman sister to Group 3-placed I Am Superman.
- 618 Camelot sister to Group 1 Irish Derby winner Frozen Fire.
- 634 Highland Reel sister to Group 2 winner and Group 1-placed Sixties Groove.
- 641 Mehmas sister to multiple Group 2 winner and Group 1-placed Beau Recall.
- 661 Mastercraftsman brother to Group 1 winner Temida.
- 712 Bated Breath sister to 2020 Group 3-placed two-year-old Sussex Garden.
- 804 Divine Prophet sister to 2020 Listed two-year-old winner Dickiedooda.
- 828 Highland Reel brother to 2020 Listed two-year-old winner King’s Harlequin.
Commenting on the Sportsman’s Sale catalogue, Goffs Group Chief Executive Henry Beeby said:
“Buyers can look forward to another quality collection of commercial yearlings at this year’s Sportsman’s Sale. Our focus during selection has remained on the individual and there are some outstanding physicals on offer that look set to follow the path of the ever-increasing number of Sportsman’s winners.
This year’s sale moves to Doncaster, followed a week later by the Goffs Orby Sale, as a one-off solution to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions. We look forward to welcoming a wide range of buyers both in person and online and wish to thank our vendors once again for their ongoing trust in the Goffs service and for supporting the sale with this fine collection of yearlings.”
fonte : Goffs