|Does the latest Irish Government announcement delaying the move to Phase 4 of their reopening plan impact the sale?
No. Goffs is a business and, like marts, shopping centres etc., can deliver social distancing protocols in full compliance with current Government guidelines.
However, as at other sales held in UK and France recently, attendance at the Land Rover Sale will be restricted to those directly involved in the sale. Goffs’ overall capacity is not limited to a certain number as it has been demonstrated that social-distancing can be safely enforced throughout our large outdoor site and spacious indoor facility at Kildare Paddocks. So, whilst certain indoor areas will be strictly controlled to deliver social-distancing, Kildare Paddocks can conduct business and accommodate the numbers required to hold a successful sale.
What COVID-19 protocols are in place at Goffs?
In consultation with Horse Racing Ireland and Irish Thoroughbred Marketing, Goffs and Tattersalls Ireland have drawn up detailed protocols to ensure a safe and compliant environment in which to conduct sales in Ireland, starting with the Land Rover Sale.
The following measures will be strictly enforced by Goffs and our stewards to ensure the safety and well-being of all attendees:
- Attendees must complete a COVID-19 specific medical questionnaire in advance. Click here.
- Photo ID is required on arrival and will be cross-checked with medical questionnaires. Please note this may result in short delays to access the complex. Goffs therefore advise all attendees to allow additional time on arrival.
- Temperature checks will be carried out at all entry points.
- Goffs strongly advise all attendees at the sale to download and use the Irish Government’s COVID-19 tracking app throughout their time at Goffs.
- Wristbands will be issued to all attendees given access to the complex.
- A second wristband allowing access to the sales pavilion will be issued to approved vendors and purchasers only.
- A one-way system will operate throughout the main building and stables. As a result we advise attendees to leave extra time to move from area to area.
- Social distancing of 2 metres will be enforced.
- Hand sanitising stations are available throughout the complex.
- Face masks must be worn at all times when indoors, except when availing of refreshments.
- Goffs will not have any cash on site. All payments (including catering) must be made by card whilst Grooms Fees, Inward Buyer Subsidies etc. will all be paid electronically.
Who can attend the sale?
Like other recent sales, attendance at the Land Rover will be restricted to the following categories directly involved in the sale only, namely:
- Veterinary surgeons and their assistants
- Shipping agents
- Medical personnel
- Limited numbers of Press (on application)
- Goffs personnel
Can buyers from outside Ireland attend?
Yes. The sale will be run in accordance with Irish Government guidance regarding COVID-19 at the time, which is liable to change depending on the national situation with the Pandemic. As restrictions currently apply to travel from a number of countries, Goffs and Tattersalls Ireland, following consultation with Horse Racing Ireland and Irish Thoroughbred Marketing (ITM), have drawn up a specific set of protocols and measures to ensure that a limited number of overseas buyers can safely attend the Land Rover Sale.
These protocols have been communicated to a target list of overseas buyers and any enquiries should be directed to:
It is important to state that any overseas buyers must contact Goffs (Joey) or ITM (Eimear) if they wish to attend under the specific protocols above.
When can vendors bring their horses on site?
Horses can arrive from 9am on Saturday 8th August. No horse will be allowed onto the complex prior to that time. Vendors – please note that there may be short delays on arrival at Goffs in order to facilitate ID and temperature checks so please be patient and allow extra time.
What equipment will Goffs provide?
- PPE – All attendees must bring and use their own PPE including face masks (this includes instructing all staff accordingly).
- Equipment – vendors must supply their own equipment inc. forks, brooms, rakes etc. to ensure no cross contamination. Hay and straw is provided by Goffs; all other feed must be provided by the vendor.
When will vetting take place?
Vetting will take place on Sunday 9th and Monday 10th August with strict social distancing protocols in place.
When will horses be ready for inspection?
Inspections will begin on Monday 10th August.
Who can enter the main building and auditorium?
Entrance to the main building and sales auditorium will be restricted to buyers, vendors who need to access the sales office or to see their horse selling, and shipping agents.
The sales auditorium will be a limited combination of designated socially distanced seating and standing areas, with a one-way system in place. It will not be possible to stand in the horse entrance or exit areas. Signage and stewards will clearly indicate the entrance and exit routes to the sales auditorium.
If necessary, an external bidding area with a dedicated bid spotter will be available to allow bidding from the parade ring.
Can I purchase at the Land Rover Sale without being there?
Yes. Goffs’ new live internet bidding platform, www.GoffsOnline.com, will be available for the Land Rover Sale. Registrations are now open, and must be made at least 48 hours prior to the start of the sale. When a registration has been processed, the user will be notified by Goffs prior to the start of the sale. To learn more about the Goffs Online bidding service, click here.
Phone bidding via one of the Goffs team can also be arranged in advance by contacting Rae Lawless, Goffs Financial Director email@example.com.
Goffs can also provide a list of bloodstock agents who will be in attendance should you wish to have someone inspect a horse on your behalf.
If I purchase at the Land Rover Sale, how long do I have to ship the horse?
Purchasers (and vendors of unsold lots) are asked to remove their horses as soon as possible after their sale and no later than 5pm on Friday 14th August.
Are local hotels open?
Hotels in Kildare and surrounding areas including Dublin will be open and operating as normal. However please note there may be some restrictions relation to COVID-19.
Goffs have a preferential rate at some of these hotels and bookings can be made by contacting Barbara Bashford at Goffs (firstname.lastname@example.org / 0035345886600) or directly with the hotel. Details of hotels in the locality are available here on the Goffs website.
Will restaurants be open at Goffs?
The following catering outlets will be open during the Land Rover Sale with strict social distancing, limited seating, one-way systems and Perspex screens in place:
- Ground floor: Peter Bark’s Café Fresca and the self-service café
- Yard: Goffs Kitchen and an outdoor food van at the back gate
Contactless card payments are required in all catering outlets.
Will things change in the lead up to the sale?
All protocols will be reviewed and updated as necessary to react to the ever-changing environment around COVID-19 and we have contingencies in place should the situation dictate.
Whatever happens, Goffs will communicate regularly and quickly to our vendors and potential purchasers in an effort to keep you fully updated.