|Goffs looks forward to opening the 2020 sales year at Kildare Paddocks in style with the market leading February Sale (4-5 February) for which a top quality catalogue of 546 lots is now available online.
Featuring Flat and National Hunt horses of all ages, the sale will begin with a full day of weanlings on Tuesday 4 February followed by a day dedicated to breeding stock, two year olds, horses in training, older horses as well as two exciting stallion prospects that includes the Group 1 winner Verbal Dexterity.
Goffs February Sale was the source of many profitable pinhooks in recent years. 2019 saw a number of February weanlings make a quick return for their purchasers when re-offered at the Goffs yearlings sales, including a €1000 purchase that made €19,000 at the Sportsman’s Sale and a €29,000 weanling that sold for €65,000 at the Orby.
There is lots more potential on offer at Goffs next month, with 277 weanlings catalogued by an impressive commercial stallion profile that includes Aclaim, Australia, Awtaad, Bated Breath, Bungle Inthejungle, Churchill, Dandy Man, Decorated Knight, Doyen, Footstepsinthesand, Getaway, Gleneagles, Holy Roman Emperor, Jukebox Jury, Kodiac, Lope De Vega, Mastercraftsman, Milan, Mount Nelson, National Defense, Night of Thunder, No Nay Never, Profitable, Ribchester, Shalaa, Shantou, Sholokhov, Showcasing, Soldier of Fortune, Starspangledbanner, Teofilo, Westerner, Wootton Bassett, Zoffany and many more.
- Lot 2 Fast Company colt ex Listed-placed sister to G2 Lowther Stakes winner Living In The Past.
- Lot 22 Holy Roman Emperor brother to a Group 2 winner.
- Lot 24 Jukebox Jury colt out of a sister to a Listed chase winner.
- Lot 33 Diamond Boy colt out of a sister to Grand National winner Mon Mome.
- Lot 49 Australia filly out of a Listed winner.
- Lot 50 Dandy Man brother to 9 winners including a Listed winner.
- Lot 59 Mount Nelson sister to dual Irish Grand National 2nd Isleofhopendreams.
- Lot 83 Kodiac own sister to a Listed performer.
- Lot 93 Doyen colt out of a sister to a Grade 2 Aintree Champion Bumper winner.
- Lot 103 Sholokhov colt out of a sister to multiple Grade 1 winner Last Instalment.
- Lot 116 Mount Nelson colt out of a 4-time winner including Listed placed over fences.
- Lot 124 Profitable colt out of a Listed winner and brother to a dual Listed winner.
- Lot 136 Soldier of Fortune colt out of a King’s Theatre daughter of a Grade 1 winner.
- Lot 204 Starspangledbanner sister to a Listed winner.
- Lot 214 Getaway sister to Grade 2 winner over hurdles My Sister Sarah.
- Lot 243 Wootton Bassett brother to 4 winners out of a sister to Group 1 winner and sire Karakontie.
Black type pages are prominent throughout the breeding stock section of the February catalogue, backed up by an impressive list of covering sires such as Acclamation, Califet, Churchill, Dandy Man, Decorated Knight, Gustav Klimt, Harry Angel, Holy Roman Emperor, James Garfield, Kessaar, Le Havre, Mount Nelson, National Defense, Profitable, Ribchester, Smooth Daddy, Starspangledbanner, Teofilo, U S Navy Flag, and Zoffany.
Gems is an excellent example of the potential to be found in February. Bought for just €5,500 in 2013, she went on to produce four winners from four runners, headed by last season’s Group 2 Superlative Stakes winner Mystery Power, while her offspring have dazzled in the Goffs sales ring with a No Nay Never colt selling for €360,000 at the 2019 November Sale for breeders Siobhan and Padraig O’Rahilly, and her Australia yearling fetched €525,000 at last year’s Orby.
- Lot 393 Great Shout – Winning Kodiac filly from the immediate family of a Group 1 Cheveley Park Stakes winner.
- Lot 403 Alexis Carrington – Mastercraftsman sister to a Group 1 winner; in foal to Muhaarar.
- Lot 406 Bailly – Multiple winner and sister to 7 winners.
- Lot 412 Haze – Own sister to a Group 3 winner and Group 1 placed filly.
- Lot 419 Circus Tent – Fastnet Rock sister to 9 winners including a Group 1 winner.
- Lot 430 Hazakiyra – Winning Camelot sister to 5 winners including a Group 3 winner.
- Lot 433 Luminent – Winning Teofilo filly out of a black-type mare.
- Lot 438 Dawn Of A New Era – Own sister to Dawn Approach; in foal to Make Believe.
- Lot 441 Jumellea – Stakes placed Zoffany filly.
- Lot 450 Hergame – Dual Stakes placed Motivator mare.
- Lot 454 Lady Ramon – 5-time winner including of a Listed and Italian 1000 Guineas 2nd.
- Lot 465 Totsiyah – Dalakhani mare from the immediate family of Footstepsinthesand; in foal to Harry Angel.
- Lot 471 Crisaff’s Queen – Listed winning Zoffany filly.
- Lot 480 Olga Prekrasa – Dam of Group 1 Prix Jean Prat winner Zelzal; in foal to Churchill.
- Lot 488 Rippling Waters – Dual winner and own sister to a Group 3 winner.
- Lot 497 Barnet – Out of a Group 1 Yorkshire Oaks winner; in foal to Zoffany.
- Lot 500 Araajmh – Sister to Invincible Army and dam of 2 winners including a Stakes placed; in foal to U S Navy Flag.
- Lot 505 Guanabara – Winning Al Namix mare in foal to Califet.
- Lot 511 Havana Dancer – Multiple winning Flemensfirth mare and Listed placed over fences.
- Lot 513 Sheranda – Siyouni sister to 4 winners including a dual Group 2 Blandford Stakes winner.
- Lot 517 Avengers Queen –Listed winning 2YO in 2019.
- Lot 521 Vrai – Sister to Lilbourne Lad; in foal to Le Havre.
- Lot 541 Shaarfa – Dual winner and dam of 2 winners in foal to Ribchester.
- Lot 544 Golden Circle – Winning Kingman sister to 4 winners.
The two stallion prospects will be offered at the end of the breeding stock section:
- Lot 545 Verbal Dexterity – Group 1 Goffs Vincent O’Brien National Stakes winner.
- Lot 546 News Anchor – From the immediate family of Group 1 winner Parish Hall and Group 2 winner Light Heavy.
Two year old highlights:
- Lot 300 Teofilo sister to 5 winners from 5 runners out of a black-type mare.
- Lot 311 Night of Thunder sister to a two-year-old winner in 2019.
- Lot 335 Lope De Vega colt out of a Sea The Stars sister to a German 2000 Guineas winner.
- Lot 342 Zoffany colt out of a Galileo sister to 2019 Group 2 & 3 placed 2YO Iberia.
Horses In Training highlights:
- Lot 358 Longbourn – Placed 3 times from 4 starts to date.
- Lot 365 Able Jack – 5-time winner including of his last 2 starts.
- Lot 369 Rockview Roman – Dual winner in 2019.
Commenting on the publication of the Goffs February Sale catalogue, Group Chief Executive Henry Beeby said:
“As the most consistently successful mid-winter sale in Ireland and the UK, we are delighted to offer the largest and most diverse selection of horses anywhere in Europe at the beginning of the year. The popularity of Goffs February Sale was evident by the demand for places again this year and we have produced a catalogue of unrivalled choice and quality that should hold huge appeal to domestic and international buyers”.
Goffs February Sale begins at 10am each day.